UCT Applications are invited for Rapcan Legacy Doctoral Scholarship for the year 2019. The scholarship is available for South African student.
UCT Rapcan Legacy Doctoral Scholarship for South Africa Students in 2019
Resources and Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect (RAPCAN), a Cape Town-based NGO, played a leading role in the field of child rights and protection from 1989 until we closed our doors in 2017.
The RAPCAN Board of Directors has decided to preserve the organization’s legacy through the creation of the RAPCAN Legacy Doctoral Scholarship.
- Applications Deadline: January 31, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue Doctoral degree programme.
- Study Subject: Research Topics are restricte to research which will contribute knowledge relating to the field of Child Protection in South Africa.
- Nationality: Scholarship is available for South African student.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Scholarship is available for South African student.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- One doctoral candidate, renewable, pending satisfactory progress
- Be financially deserving according to UCT’s means test
- Have demonstrated academic excellence at the postgraduate level
- Be a full-time South African doctoral student.
- Research Topics are restrict to research which will contribute knowledge relating to the field of Child Protection in South Africa. Studies that contribute to the prevention of child abuse and neglect are particularly encouraging.
How to Apply: All applicants should apply using the Form 10A and attach a concept note outlining a plausible research topic and a letter of support from a potential UCT supervisor by the 31st January 2019.