On this page, is a full step on how to Fix Samsung Galaxy J3 Not Responding or Unresponsive in few ways and do ask more question for more answers to related issues like this below;
Fix Samsung Galaxy J3 Not Responding in few Steps
What you Need to Know About the Samsung Galaxy J3 device …
The Samsung Galaxy J3 is a budget-friendly smartphone aimed at the cost-conscious consumer. It has all of the necessary features needed to make communications easier for everyone. The latest variant of this phone has a 5 inch IPS LCD display and uses the Exynos 7570 processor combined with 2GB of RAM.
Although this is a solid performing device there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series, we will tackle the Galaxy J3 is an unresponsive issue.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy J3 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concerns that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached.
We, however, ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Fix Samsung Galaxy J3 Is Unresponsive
Take the below steps and guide to Fix Samsung Galaxy J3 but before then, here is what the problem is all about …
Problem: I have a samsung galaxy j3 First time I’m having any issue with it at all is today. As I tried to lower the ring volume suddenly I find the volume buttons unresponsive . I try to access the main screen but can’t swipe to unlock. After fidgeting w/ back button & recent apps I can get in to access apps but all app buttons are unresponsive.
The screen is responsive to touch but I cant access text or whatsapp even though I see new messages being recognized. The weirdest thing is that the phone started auto-scrolling through the main screen, almost like MS windows function can do for visually impaired.
As its scrolling it makes a clanging noise for each option it auto selects, I’ve never heard my phone make this sound before. I restarted phone using power button and had to catch “power off” option before it scrolled to “restart”. I also tried starting in safe mode and still have the same problem. Help!!
Before you perform the troubleshooting steps listed below it’s always best to make sure that the phone is running on the latest software version. If an update is available then I suggest that you download and install it first.
Perform a soft reset
Most issues such as this can usually be fixed by doing a soft reset. This is usually the first thing you will have to do when the phone is unresponsive. This is done by pressing and holding the power and volume down buttons for at least 10 seconds. Your phone should restart after this and once the device has fully booted up try to check if the issue still occurs.
Check if the problem occurs in Safe Mode
Troubleshooting to Fix Samsung Galaxy J3 Unresponsive nature …
There are instances when an app you downloaded can cause this particular problem. To check if this is the case you will have to start the phone in Safe Mode as only the pre-installed apps are allowed to run in this mode.
- Turn the device off.
- Press and hold the Power key past the screen with the device name.
- When ‘SAMSUNG’ appears on the screen, release the Power key.
- Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
- Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
- Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Release the Volume down key when you see ‘Safe Mode’.
If the problem does not occur in this mode then it could be caused by an app you downloaded. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
Wipe the cache partition of the phone
There are cases when the temporary data of the phone software can get corrupted which can result to issues occurring on the device. The best thing to do in this scenario is to wipe the cache partition of the phone from the recovery mode.
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Home keys.
- Press and hold the Power key until the device vibrates, then release it. Keep pressing the Volume Up and Home keys the entire time.
- When you see the Android Recovery screen, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to Wipe cache partition, then use the Power key to select it.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to Yes, then use the Power key to select it.
- Then, Use the Volume keys to scroll down to the Reboot system now, then use the Power key to select it.
Check if the issue still occurs.
Perform a factory reset
On of the steps to Fix Samsung Galaxy J3 not responding issues …
One last troubleshooting step to consider is a factory reset. This will revert the phone back to its original factory condition and will usually fix the problem in a case is is caused by a software glitch.
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the device logo screen displays, release only the Power key
- When the Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset.’
- Press the Power button to select.
- Then, Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power button to select and start the master reset.
- When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
In case the issue still persists after the factory reset then you should bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.
Engage with us
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions.
Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive but can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.
People also ask
How do I unfreeze my Samsung j3?
How do I troubleshoot my Samsung j3?
What SD card does a Samsung j3 take?
How do I fix my Galaxy s3 it wont turn on?
How do I fix my Samsung j5 black screen?
What does the dock is connected mean?
How do you put a SD card in a Samsung Galaxy j3?
Does Samsung Galaxy j3 have SD card slot?
When did the Samsung Galaxy j3 6 come out?
Disclaimer: This Information on this page is a result of online researches and practice as The Droid guy approves.