179 total views, 1 views today
Java Development Kit JDK: This application is very necessary for your computer to work well, many system application requires this Java Development Kit JDK for fast working applications like NetBeans…
This article will give you guide how to download, install and initialize the environment, making your system recognize the JAVA in your computer/laptop. The steps are very easy to understand and follow-up procedure.
Applicable to the Windows platform, use the following instructions to download and install the JDK:
- Visit the official site java.sun.com or click on the link >official site<
- Find a link to download the Java SE latest version (the Java Standard Edition, latest version).
If you find some other version. Just make sure that you have the latest version.
- Download the JDK, not the JRE.
To create your own Java programs, you need more than the JRE. You need the entire JDK.
- Double-click the icon of the downloaded file and follow the wizard’s instructions for installing the JDK.
You can choose to have some or all of the components installed. Just make sure that your choice includes the development tools and the JRE.
You also see the name of the directory in which the JDK is to be installed. Jot down the exact name of the directory.
At some point, the wizard asks whether you want to register your Web browser with the latest Java plug-in. It’s a good idea.
- Return to the page where you found the JDK download. Get another download — the Java SE Documentation (also known as the Java SE API Documentation).
- Extract the zipped Java SE Documentation to your Java home directory.
After you download the Java JDK, you’re ready to install the software on your computer. Of course, you can do this 900 different ways, depending on your operating system, the names of directories on your hard drive, the wind velocity, and other factors. The following steps offer some guidelines:
Downloading and Installing the Java Development Kit JDK
- Open My Computer and find the JDK file that you downloaded.
The file has a name like JDK-8-blah-blah.exe. The exact name depends on the operating system you’re using, the version number that Sun has reached with Java, and whatever naming conventions the people at Sun have changed since this book was written.
- Double-click the JDK file’s icon.
- If you downloaded the tiny online installation file, your computer downloads more files from the Internet and installs Java while it downloads.
- If you downloaded the huge offline installation file, your computer extracts the contents of the huge setup file and installs Java from these contents.
- Among the features that you select to install, make sure you select Development Tools and Public Java Runtime Environment.
You can choose to have some or all of the components installed. Just make sure that your choice includes these two items. To select or unselect an item, click the icon to the left of the item’s name.
- Jot down the name of the directory in which the Java SDK is being installed and then click Next.
From one version to the next, the installation package puts Java in different directories on the computer’s hard drive. Lately, the package has installed Java in a directory named C:/ Program FilesJavajdk1.8.0_60. During the installation on your computer, you may see a different directory name. (One way or another, the name probably has JDK in it.)
Take note of this directory name when the installation package displays it. This directory is called your Java home directory.
Downloading And Installing The Java Development Kit JDK
- Enjoy the splash screens that you see while the software is being installed.
At the end of the installation, you click the proverbial Finish button. The next step is installing the Java documentation.
- Copy the documentation to your Java home directory.
DON’T MISS: Oracle, The World’s Largest Enterprise Software Company
- Check to make sure that you unzipped the documentation correctly.
After unzipping the documentation’s Zip file, you should have sub-directory named docs in your Java home directory. So open My Computer and navigate to your new JDK whatever folder. Directly inside that folder, you should see a new folder named docs. This directory is called your Javadoc directory.
When your docs are all lined up in a row, you can proceed to the next step — installing a Java development environment
After the above processes, you can now install any application which was requesting for the Java Development Kit JDK and the application will be installed successfully and will work very well.
Oracle – The World’s Largest Enterprise Software Company – JDK Download
NOTE: Freely subscribe to us for free so as to notify you for nice articles.
Comment freely in the box below, for us to clarify you for any questions …