Applications are invited for Up to 50 ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowships (AI-RTF) per year to young scientists and researchers from ASEAN-Member Countries to get affiliated with Indian academic and R&D institutions. Students from the ASEAN Member States are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
50 ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowships for the ASEAN Member States
The AIRTF scheme is a fellowship scheme with the following objectives: To promote mobility of scientists and researchers from the ASEAN-Member Countries to India and provide them the opportunity to work at Indian R&D/ academic institutions to upgrade their research skills and expertise.
To facilitate the exchange of information and contacts between the scientists and researchers of India and ASEAN Countries and create a network for building research collaborations.
ASEAN-India Science & Technology Collaboration formally started in 1996 with the establishment of ASEAN India S&T working group (AIWGST). Initially, the collaborative S&T projects and activities between India and ASEAN were supported through ASEAN India Fund (AIF) but in 2008, a dedicated ASEAN India S&T Development Fund (AISTDF) with an equivalent amount of 1 million US $ was established jointly by MEA and DST to support R&D projects and associated project development activities.
More … 50 ASEAN-India Research Training you Need…
The AISTDF was enhanced to an equivalent amount of 5 Million US$ through an announcement by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India on sidelines of ASEAN-India Summit in Malaysia in November 2015. The ASEAN-India Innovation Platform is the major element of enhanced AISTDF.
- Applications Deadline: The applications can be submitted at any time during the year. There is no specific deadline for submitting the applications. The application will be process(ed) in two cycles ending 30th June and 31st December of each year.
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Research.
The area/ topic of research for availing AIRTF must be ASEAN centric and must be align(ed) with the ASEAN Plan of Action on Science, Technology and Innovation (APASTI)-2016-2025. A copy of the APASTI is place(d) at Appendix-I. Fellowship will be offer(ed) for working in research topics under any of the following broad disciplines:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Biological and Medical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences & Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Physical Sciences and Mathematics
- Ocean, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Materials, Minerals and Metallurgy
- Science Policy / IPR Management / Technology Transfer & Commercialisation
- Other multi-disciplinary areas of Science, Technology and Innovation in alignment with APASTI.
Full financial assistance will be provid(ed) to the selected Fellows which will include the following:-
- All international travel related expenses i.e. round-trip international airfare by excursion/ economy class by the shortest route from the international airport in the home country of the applicant to the international airport nearest to the host institution in India; visa fees, overseas medical insurance etc.
- A consolidated Fellowship amount of Indian Rupees (INR) 50,000 per month (non-taxable) for accommodation, meals and other miscellaneous.
- A one-time grant of INR 40,000/- for 6 months period for research contingency expenses, airport transfers, domestic travel (by road) for attending scientific /events and field-trips within India, and Institutional overhead charges @ Rs. 2,500/- per month.
- The allowance as in (a), (b) and (c) will be release(d) to the host institution in India for disbursement to the Fellow. The Host Institution will arrange appropriate accommodation for the Fellow on payment basis.
- Nationality: Students from the ASEAN Member States are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Number of Scholarships:
Initially to start with 50 (fifty) Fellowships per year shall be award(ed) to young scientists and researchers from ASEAN-Member Countries to get affiliate(d) with Indian academic and R&D institutions. These Fellowships shall be equally distribute(d) among ASEAN Member Country. Initially, 5 Fellowship shall be allocate(d) for each ASEAN country. However, this number could be re-adjust(ed) in accordance with the number of applicants from respective each ASEAN MS.
- Scholarship can be taken at any of the Indian research/ academic Institution
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Students from the ASEAN Member States: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Eligibility and requirements:
- Applicant must be holding the nationality of any of the ASEAN Member State.
- Possess at-least a Masters Degree in any Natural Sciences or an equivalent degree in Technology / Engineering / Medicine / allied disciplines.
- Applicant should be working/studying and/or affiliated to any national R&D or academic institution in his/ her home ASEAN Member country. The application should be endorse(d) by the Head of his/ her institution confirming that if select(ed), he/ she will be sanction(ed) leave for the Fellowship period and will join his/ her duties back in the institution on completion of the Fellowship in India.
- The upper age limit for the applicant is 45 years as on date of submission of application.
- Fluency in English language
- Indian nationals are not eligible for the Fellowship.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have Fluency in the English language.
50 ASEAN-India Research Training Application Procedure
How to Apply: Only online applications will be accepted. Hard copies of the application by post/ courier/ FAX are neither require(d) nor will be consider(ed).
The Applicant should submit the application online along with the following enclosures:
- Copy of Relevant Pages of Passport
- Copy of an endorsement from present employer, duly filled in and signed, along with Signature of the applicant. Take a print out of the format of Endorsement of Present Employer appended at the end of the Application format and attach a scanned copy of the appropriately filled up document along with the application form).
- A copy of the letter/email from any Indian scientist/ institution with consent to accept you to work with them if you get select(ed).
More Scholarship you May Need
There are series of 50 ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowships which you may still like to Apply for free of charge Here …